01 Jan Gutter cleaning
As a homeowner, you may have a long list of things to do every year before the winter creeps in. Cleaning gutters to remove leaves, moss and debris should be a top priority on your winter checklist. Keeping leaves & moss out of gutters is important for protecting and maintaining the structure of your home and preventing costly inconveniences in the future. There are a number of reasons why cleaning your gutters is important, and we’ve outlined five of them below.
Cleaning your gutters will help:
- Prevent water damage. When gutters and downspips are blocked with leaves and debris, rainwater may not drain properly. As water overflows from gutters, it can cause water damage on both the interior and exterior of your home.
- Protect your roof. Clogged gutters give rainwater nowhere to run. When water continues to flood over, it can leave rotten or a leaky roof.
- Gutters clogged with leaves can make desirable homes for rodents, birds, and insects. The last thing you want is a pest infestation in your home!
- Reduce the risk of a cracked foundation. When water is blocked from traveling away from your home, it can pool around the foundation of your house. This water can crack your foundation when it expands and freezes in the winter months.
- Save you money and call Sky High Gutter & fascia cleaning we can help prevent unexpected and expensive projects down the road. Taking preventive measures now can help minimize the likelihood of having to repair or replace your roof.
Now that you’re familiar with the importance of gutter cleaning, what’s next? Call us